- Chord detection added (experimental).
- New logic and controls for recording MIDI files.
- Interface improvements.
- Added workarounds for compatibility with Ableton Live.
- VST engine upgraded to version 2.4.
- Improved writing to MIDI files.
- Mac OS X: Bug with entering Registration Code fixed.
- Mac OS X: Several critical bugs fixed.
- Mac OS X: Compatible with Mac OS X 10.3.9 and later
Version 1.04 (Mac OS X only):
- Compatibility with Mac OS X 10.2.8 and later.
- First commercial release.
- Output to MIDI Out devices is added.
- Output to MIDI File is added.
- Compatibility with some hosts is improved.
- MAC OS X version is also available.
- Expiration date moved further.
- Improved compatibility with some hosts.
WIDI Audio To MIDI VST Plugin allows to recognize polyphonic Audio tracks into MIDI data.
With WIDI VST Plugin you can:
- Get MIDI representation of Audio recording for further editing
- Detect chords in realtime
- Use any music instrument to control your MIDI synthesizer in realtime
- Synchronize your MIDI equipment with specific Audio events
- Add MIDI-driven effects as you play a music instrument
More information about Audio to MIDI Conversion and complete list of features are available in the help file.
WIDI Audio To MIDI VST Plugin utilizes VST technology, and can be used with almost any VST host,
such as Steinberg Cubase, Cakewalk Sonar, Plogue Bidule, Ableton Live and others. WIDI VST Plugin cannot be used as
a stand-alone application, there is other software from WIDISOFT that does Audio To MIDI conversion directly.
For using WIDI VST Plugin with applications that support Direct X plugins only, see help file.
WIDI Audio To MIDI VST Plugin is available for Windows and Mac OS X.
- Works with most of VST Hosts.
- Allows on-the-fly music transcription.
- Signal spectrum and detected notes are displayed in the plugin window.
- Realtime chord recognition. Chord names are indicated in the plugin window.
- Adjustable Polyphony and Sensitivity parameters.
- Controlled velocity of output notes.
- MIDI Output to the VST Host, System MIDI Device or MIDI File.
- Built-in MIDI recorder.
- Detailed help file with installation instructions for several popular VST hosts.
WIDI Audio To MIDI VST is a realtime Audio to MIDI conversion
plugin for various Windows and MacOS X VST hosts. The plugin receives
input from an audio channel and performs realtime music recognition.
Resulting MIDI events are then sent to the host's MIDI channel, MIDI
Out Device or recorded to build-in MIDI recorder.
Detected notes, signal spectrum and recognized chords are displayed in
the plugin window.
Polyphony and sensitivity of recognition algorithm can
be set up to obtain better recognition quality. The velocity of output
notes is constant and can be controlled with a slider.
See included help file for detailed usage reference.
WIDI Audio To MIDI VST
plugin requires the following:
||Pentium III (566 MHz- recommended)
||Windows 98/ME, Windows NT/2000/XP
||Windows VST Host, such as Cubase, Cakewalk Sonar 4 or other.
MAC OS X:
||MAC OS X 10.3.9 or later
||MAC OS X VST Host, such as Cubase
To install WIDI Audio To MIDI VST, use Start->Run menu to run widi_a2m_vst.exe or double-click on the
file and then follow the setup instructions. Plug-in must be installed into one of your VST Plugin folders,
depending on the VST Host. The installer searches for default VST folder only.
To uninstall, use a standard Windows uninstall procedure (Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs->WIDI Audio To
MIDI VST Plugin) and then follow the instructions.
MAC OS X:
To install, launch widi_audio2midi_vst.pkg in Finder and follow the instructions.
To uninstall, remove widi_audio2midi.vst from your /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST directory.
WIDI VST Plugin is a "try-before-buy" software. In the unregistered version,
MIDI output is muted for 15 seconds every 15 seconds.
See license.txt for details.
Please, inform us about bugs and your ideas on how to improve the Plugin. Feedback form is
You can find the recent versions at:
General Info: email@example.com
Support & Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cubase is a registered trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
VST is a plugin technology by Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners.