- First official Universal Binary, compatible with Intel and PPC Macs
- Help updated: more AU hosts are listed
- All Program Change MIDI messages can be disabled
- Many bugs and compatibility issues were fixed
- First commercial version
- Beta version
WIDI Audio To MIDI Audio Unit allows to recognize polyphonic Audio tracks into MIDI data.
With WIDI AU you can:
More information about Audio to MIDI Conversion and complete list of features are available in the help file.
- Get MIDI representation of Audio recording for further editing
- Use any music instrument to control your MIDI synthesizer in realtime
- Synchronize your MIDI equipment with specific Audio events
- Add MIDI-driven effects as you play a music instrument
WIDI Audio To MIDI AU utilizes Audio Unit technology, and can be used with almost any host supporting Audio Units,
such as Logic, Plogue Bidule, Ableton Live, Digital Performer and others. WIDI AU cannot be used as
a stand-alone application, there is other software from WIDISOFT that does Audio To MIDI conversion directly.
WIDI Audio To MIDI AU is available for Mac OS X (Power PC).
WIDI Audio To MIDI Audio Unit is a realtime Audio to MIDI conversion
plugin for Logic, Ableton Live, Plogue Bidule and other audio applications supporting Audio Units.
The plugin receives input from an audio channel and performs realtime music recognition.
Resulting MIDI events are then sent to the MIDI Device, MIDI Loopback or to the MIDI File.
Detected notes as well as signal spectrum are also displayed in the
plugin window. Polyphony and sensitivity of recognition algorithm can
be set up to obtain better recognition quality. The velocity of output
notes is constant and can be controlled with a slider.
- Works with most of AU Hosts.
- Allows on-the-fly music transcription.
- Signal spectrum and detected notes are displayed in the plugin window.
- Adjustable Polyphony and Sensitivity parameters.
- Controlled velocity of output notes.
- MIDI Output to the System MIDI Device, MIDI Loopback or MIDI File.
- Detailed help file with installation instructions for several popular AU hosts.
See included help file for detailed usage reference.
WIDI Audio To MIDI Audio Unit requires the following:
To install, launch widi_audio2midi_au.pkg in Finder and follow the instructions.
||Intel or Power PC no less than 1GHz
||MAC OS X 10.4 or later (Intel or Power PC)
||MAC OS X audio application supporting Audio Units
To uninstall, remove widi_audio2midi.component from your /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components directory.
WIDI Audio Unit is a "try-before-buy" software. In the unregistered version,
MIDI output is muted for 15 seconds every 15 seconds.
See license.txt for details.
Please, inform us about bugs and your ideas on how to improve the Plugin. Feedback form is