Logic Pro is an application for music creation and audio production from Apple Computer, Inc (www.apple.com/logicpro/).
1. In a new or existing project select an audio track:
2. Open "Audio"->"Import Audio File" menu item, and choose audio file you are going to transcribe with WIDI AU.
3. Open Track properties with "Audio"->"Audio Mixer" menu item.
4. Click-hold on the selected channel "Insert" slot and choose Audio To MIDI AU from the list as shown below:
5. In the WIDI AU window choose the option page, turn on midi to midi out option and select IAC Driver Bus as output.
6. In the list on the left side of Mixer choose ** Create! **:
7. On the blank page that appears, use Mixer "New" menu to add Physical input and Apple QuickTime ("New"->"Internal"->"Apple QuickTime") objects and connect them one to another. The result is shown below:
8. Start the playback. WIDI Audio To MIDI module will start to recognize audio. You may also need to tune Recognition Parameters to achieve the best results.
You can also record MIDI events to a MIDI file with a built-in MIDI recorder. See routing MIDI for details.
Note: In this instruction it is supposed that Apple IAC Driver is activated on your system. If it is not true, refer to routing MIDI on how to activate it.